- To take ownership of Zubeida Jaffer’s creative work.
- To go behind the scenes of 40 years of journalism and share the background to stories and experiences of Zubeida Jaffer’s working life.
- To deconstruct the Western gaze and to look confidently through a local lens.
- To develop a new national narrative.
- To support all efforts for an independent media that expresses the South African and African heartbeat.
To find and spread words to inspire, motivate, heal and dignify the hearts and minds of men and women.
To support and encourage the storyteller to embrace his or her life and community experience bringing this firmly into the public space to together evolve a national and continental narrative that frees the mind.